By Exoray
5 minutes down the road from me, overpriced, over rated blah blah blah...
By Ecto96
I was watching mtv last night and I saw an ad for a music video, and at one point these guys are riding in and on the ecto 1 (no fooling) down a street, but the no ghost logos have the ghost replaced with something else. I only caught like 3 seconds of it, but damn skippy it was either the ecto 1 after restoration as promised, or a damn close facsimilie.

:Edit: BAH! IT'S NOT A MILLER METEOR!!!
By secrecyguy
Ecto96 wrote: I was watching mtv last night and I saw an ad for a music video, and at one point these guys are riding in and on the ecto 1 (no fooling) down a street, but the no ghost logos have the ghost replaced with something else. I only caught like 3 seconds of it, but damn skippy it was either the ecto 1 after restoration as promised, or a damn close facsimilie.

I was waiting for someone to say this.

I purposely did not post about this until someone mention it.

Now you mention it, here's more information about it.

http://www.proptopia.com/viewtopic.php?t=2939
(You have to be register there to see it.)

http://forums.ghostbusters.net/viewtopic.php?t=9687

http://secrecyguy.blogspot.com/
By ecto_skywalker
Daecrist wrote:http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/car ... 77295.html

Evidently they've done a reproduction of the Ectomobile and are selling this gem for the low low price of $150K. Seems a bit steep, even considering all the professional work that's been done, but I suppose there's some rich Ghosthead out there who would love to get their hands on it.

That ECTO, I think, is the one Barris claimed to be production used and that he did all the work for/on it. He also claimed it was one of, like five he and his people made for the movie. What a tool! :lol:
By Sksstudios
That ecto is Venkman71's. And it is now a thing of the past since I believe he dismantled it so he can use the parts on his new MM Combo.

Cam
By secrecyguy

Evidently they've done a reproduction of the Ectomobile and are selling this gem for the low low price of $150K. Seems a bit steep, even considering all the professional work that's been done, but I suppose there's some rich Ghosthead out there who would love to get their hands on it.

Most people already know about that.
By secrecyguy
GBCam wrote: That ecto is Venkman71's. And it is now a thing of the past since I believe he dismantled it so he can use the parts on his new MM Combo.

Cam

That's true.
By Kingpin
Ecto96 wrote: I was watching mtv last night and I saw an ad for a music video, and at one point these guys are riding in and on the ecto 1 (no fooling) down a street, but the no ghost logos have the ghost replaced with something else. I only caught like 3 seconds of it, but damn skippy it was either the ecto 1 after restoration as promised, or a damn close facsimilie.

(For those who aren't, can't or won't register with Proptopia):

That was Sean Bishop's Ecto-1 replica, used by the rapper 'MISTAH F.A.B.' for his irresponsible song, 'Ghost Ride It'.

I wouldn't be surprised if Barris did claim that was the real Ecto-1 at one point, but at present he appears to have gotten hold of Peter Mosen's Ecto-1 replica which he's claimed in a movie on his own site as being the real thing.
By Daecrist
secrecyguy wrote:

Most people already know about that.

Of course, but do they know they can have it for the low low bargain price of $150,000?
By secrecyguy
Kingpin wrote:
Ecto96 wrote:I was watching mtv last night and I saw an ad for a music video, and at one point these guys are riding in and on the ecto 1 (no fooling) down a street, but the no ghost logos have the ghost replaced with something else. I only caught like 3 seconds of it, but damn skippy it was either the ecto 1 after restoration as promised, or a damn close facsimilie.

(For those who aren't, can't or won't register with Proptopia):

That was Sean Bishop's Ecto-1 replica, used by the rapper 'MISTAH F.A.B.' for his irresponsible song, 'Ghost Ride It'.

I wouldn't be surprised if Barris did claim that was the real Ecto-1 at one point, but at present he appears to have gotten hold of Peter Mosen's Ecto-1 replica which he's claimed in a movie on his own site as being the real thing.

I want to find out for sure if it really is Peter Mosen's Ecto 1 since I actually seen it in person before so I decided check out George Barris's website so I can find out where his museum is at so I can check it out myself.

Well, guess what? I found out that one of his museum is at Tennessee. Isn't it a well known fact that Peter Mosen's Ecto 1 is in Tennessee?

If that's the case, I think we now know how George Barris got a hold of Peter Mosen's car.

http://www.barris.com/news.html (it's on the bottom of the page)
By Ecto96
Any of you guys click on that youtube link? It's just a f****g shame how way too many rappers have no talent that they can't think up a tune, so they copy another one and slaughter it. Plus the fact that people are being killed by ghost riding, or in one story I heard, a teenage boy was ghost riding on the trunk of his car, a guy ran up to the car, jumped in the seat and stole it!

Seems to me these idiots get what they deserve, and these rappers need to get some damn talent, slaughtering a classic like that pisses me off. :evil:
By Kingpin
Ecto96 wrote: Any of you guys click on that youtube link? It's just a f**k**** shame how way too many rappers have no talent that they can't think up a tune, so they copy another one and slaughter it. Plus the fact that people are being killed by ghost riding, or in one story I heard, a teenage boy was ghost riding on the trunk of his car, a guy ran up to the car, jumped in the seat and stole it!

Seems to me these idiots get what they deserve, and these rappers need to get some damn talent, slaughtering a classic like that pisses me off. :evil:

YouTube link? :|

Is this the story you heard about:

Stolen Ghost Ride.

And as another example of how truly stupid the fad is:

Ghostriding the Whip gone wrong
By keoni
Kingpin wrote:
Ecto96 wrote:Any of you guys click on that youtube link? It's just a f**k**** shame how way too many rappers have no talent that they can't think up a tune, so they copy another one and slaughter it. Plus the fact that people are being killed by ghost riding, or in one story I heard, a teenage boy was ghost riding on the trunk of his car, a guy ran up to the car, jumped in the seat and stole it!

YouTube link? :|

Is this the story you heard about:

Stolen Ghost Ride.

that is by far my FAVORITE ghost riding video!!!!!! :D
By Exoray
so I decided check out George Barris's website so I can find out where his museum is at so I can check it out myself.

The Barris Echo that is for sale is on display at the Volo Auto Museum, in of all places Volo, IL...

It's located about say 10 miles south of the Illinois Wisconsin border, on the Lake and McHenry county line... Give or take...

It's my home town if you want to call it a town, I believe it's still a village but recently it was swallowed up by the village of Lakemoor (but retained it's Volo identity) and expaned north as well...

The only thing that has kept it on the map is that the village contains one of the largest natural bogs (state park), and the Auto Museum/Antique Mall...
By keoni
Exoray wrote:
so I decided check out George Barris's website so I can find out where his museum is at so I can check it out myself.

The Barris Echo that is for sale is on display at the Volo Auto Museum, in of all places Volo, IL...

It's located about say 10 miles south of the Illinois Wisconsin border, on the Lake and McHenry county line... Give or take...

It's my home town if you want to call it a town, I believe it's still a village but recently it was swallowed up by the village of Lakemoor (but retained it's Volo identity) and expaned north as well...

The only thing that has kept it on the map is that the village contains one of the largest natural bogs (state park), and the Auto Museum/Antique Mall...

this is true...

been to that bog twice for my enviromental biology lab class while i was at the college of lake county. i actually liked that class. going to one of the parks was a nice change from the classroom to look forward to, especially when the weather was nice.... cant say i learned much though :?
By 1965Ambulance
You could build a better looking one than that yourself for that price.
By river_of_slime
If you know your coach companys (like I do) you can clearly see that its the wrong coach. The one in Volo is a Eureka, remember Ecto-1/1a was a Miller Meteor. Right now you can see the REAL Ecto-1 in the backlot tour at Sony Pictures. Somebody should go to Barris and call him a big fat lier. The guy who design Ecto-1/1a was Steven Dane and you can see his concepts as well some blueprints on my site. Barris name is nowhere the 15+ behind the scenes pics, blueprints, and pre production drawings I have.
By thecanadiandestroyer
I'd like to see Barris's reaction to that lol
By Exoray
hey flynn, is it still there? im comin through there tomorrow on my way down to veron hills tomorrow.

Every indication says yes, but I can't verify it... Give them a call it's still listed on the site as an attraction still...

http://www.volocars.com/
By river_of_slime
I just sent Barris people a nasty email....

Hi there
I'm a big fan of the movie Ghostbusters and I want to build a Ghostbusters car some day. So I've done a lot of research on the cars from the movies.. I even got photocopies of the orginal blueprints. I even got a famous Ecto site that talks about the cars http://www.geocities.com/ectomobiles. Well George Barris name is not on
there but somebody name Steven Dane. So how come is George Barris taken credit for these cars? Oh and the real cars are at Sony and not in Volo nor Star Cars musem..So basicly you guys are lieing to the general public and selling a replica for a big profit. Its not right to take credit for something thats not yours, and I might email Sony about Barris
By Ecto96
river_of_slime wrote: I just sent Barris people a nasty email....

Hi there
I'm a big fan of the movie Ghostbusters and I want to build a Ghostbusters car some day. So I've done a lot of research on the cars from the movies.. I even got photocopies of the orginal blueprints. I even got a famous Ecto site that talks about the cars http://www.geocities.com/ectomobiles. Well George Barris name is not on
there but somebody name Steven Dane. So how come is George Barris taken credit for these cars? Oh and the real cars are at Sony and not in Volo nor Star Cars musem..So basicly you guys are lieing to the general public and selling a replica for a big profit. Its not right to take credit for something thats not yours, and I might email Sony about Barris

Good for you, I think you should email Sony, we just gotta hope they'll listen. More power to ya!
By secrecyguy
I am sure Sony knows this. I will be surprise if they don't know it.

As for the car for sale at Volo museum, I think the reason the price tag is so high is because they have to pay Sony part of the profit once they sell it.
By AJ Quick
river_of_slime wrote: I just sent Barris people a nasty email....

Hi there

I don't think you took the best approach on that one.
By keoni
yup, its still there... i wanted to say something to one of the workers today but i just kept my mouth shut. it was really disappointing (what a surprise huh) i think what i was really disappointed the most in is that they couldnt even fix the light bars to operate correctly. all the lights were lit, but the one on the rear drivers side was the only one that actually spun. that and the fact that he autographed the hood. man i wanted to try and rub that off so bad
By Spooky
AJ Quick wrote:
river_of_slime wrote:I just sent Barris people a nasty email....

Hi there

I don't think you took the best approach on that one.

And if you are gonna do it...have better grammer
By thecanadiandestroyer
speaking of the car being autographed, is there any proof that they actually signed the car? knowing Barris's reputation, he probably signed it himself lol
By keoni
thecanadiandestroyer wrote: speaking of the car being autographed, is there any proof that they actually signed the car? knowing Barris's reputation, he probably signed it himself lol

the way they had it displayed, you couldnt get close enought to even the inside. it had a bttf delorian (sp?) on the right side and a mario andretti f1 on the other with about a foot of space between them and it was all roped off so you couldnt even get near it to tell. im guessing that the autographs are bullshit cause if they were real, why wouldnt you have the car desplayed so people could see that

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]

Hard to tell if it’s an actual black fligh[…]